Not every time you can write a good essay, but if you dedicate time in writing and have enough research, you can make a good essay. With that, here are things you should know in writing a good essay.
- Develop a plan: You need to consider how much time you need to dedicate in writing your essay. You need to have a plan that will help you to figure out how long you need to spend writing every part of your essay.
- Consider the question: If you do not know the topic assign by your professor, then you need tomake a research on it. You can brainstorm or think or arguments you need to discuss.
- Develop thesis statement or argument: Your thesis statement or argument is the main point of your essay. You need to have it because it will be your help to direct your research as well as to make the writing process easier and quicker.
- Write an outline: You need to have an outline to guide you in writing. You need to structure your outline same as your essay. If there are areas that need some development, then you need to identify those areas.
- Set a time: You need to give yourself enough time in writing so that you will not be pressured. Set your time as well as your working environment.
- Write a catchy introduction: In here, it should be attention grabbing to entice your readers to readyour essay.
- Body: The body of the essay should contain important points supporting your thesis statement or argument.
- Conclusion: The conclusion gives a summary of your argument and leaves your readers a great impression.
Compare and Contrast: Influential People
OJ Simpson vs. Tom Robinson
- Compare: Tom Robinson and OJ Simpson were black men and they stood in fighting violence against women.
- Contrast: Tom Robinson was sentenced to death, while OJ Simpson was imprisoned.
Frederick Douglass vs. Harriet Jacobs
- Compare: Frederick Douglass and Harriet Jacobs were slaves before and they became abolitionists.
- Contrast: Frederick Douglass wrote hardships and struggles about men in slavery like emasculation. On the other hand, Harriet Jacobs wrote hardships and struggles of women in slavery like sexual abuse.
There you have a sample of contrast and comparison essay and writing tips about having a catchy essay.
Learn about how to making your compare contrast essay catchy today!