Reflective essay is about reflecting a personal experience or event. It must be written based on personal experience with the author perception. The essay possesses traits of philosophical analysis about different experience that you faced every day. And this kind of sample essay can be significantly different.
Example of Reflective Essay: Writing Tips
- Personal character: In writing a reflective essay, it must have personal character as well as to relate it to some philosophic categories. It implies a broad range of understanding the topic.
- Must be clear: In writing the essay, it must be clear. You need to write a reflective essay that is easy to understand and you can do it by using simple language. Make sure that it can be read easily for the readers to know what you are talking about.
- Know the rules: You need to know the rules in writing the essay because it is a good way in writing. Make sure that you invest time to search for the rules.
- Be organized: The essay will not be attractive and interesting to read if it is not organized. With that, you need to make sure that the flow of your essay is smooth and logical.
Format of Reflective Essay
If you check out reflective essay sample, there is not certain structure or format in writing. The essay cannot be written according to standard essay scheme because of the reason that the thesis statements as well as conclusions are blurry. Here is a good structure for the reflective essay.
- Your aim in your opening paragraph is to make sure that readers will be involved in author’s story which includes personal experiences and interesting details. Your style should be vivid and to present good conversation.
- In the middle part of your essay should reveal the author’s ideas about the topic.
- The concluding sentence should summarize the experiences and main ideas of your essay. You need to make a reflection based on your general perception on the given topic.
Additionally you can use 5 paragraph essay format.
Reflective essay can be formatted in Chicago, APA, AMA, Turabian or MLA. The format will be depending on your topic, assignment requirements and subject area. Just be consistent in writing which includes title, headings, paragraphs, fonts, text pages, justifications, page numbers, reference lists, emphasis, indents and spacing.
Difficulties in Writing
Students have a hard time in writing the essay because they do not know what approach they will use. The time they choose their topic, it is important to know the format or structure to use. Always remember that the key element to have a good writing is to understand the topic.
Initial Research: What Must be Done?
In your research, search for reflective essay writing samples to be your guide. You can also search for more tips if you want. Just be sure that you get information you need in writing so that you will not have much a hard time getting started.
Whenever you do not know what to do, you can search for reflective essay sample paper to have a guide and a help. Do not forget that you also know some tips in writing and this page presented what you need.