A descriptive essay is about someone that has a negative or positive impact on others life or to your life. It can be about your coach, teacher, friend, family member, political figure and others. The key element in writing the essay is about reflecting. And you have to distinguish this kind of essay from any other essays. Assignment help Melbourne can provide assistance with your essay.
Descriptive Essay Sample: Difficulties in Writing
In writing, you have a hard time if you do not know much information about the person and you cannot explain what your relationship with him is. With this, it is better to write about a person that you really know and to start early.
A descriptive essay is easy to write if you know the person well. Make sure that you have a good relationship with him to present a good essay to your audience. Finally, start writing ahead of time you that you have enough time to complete the essay and you have still time to edit it.
How to Write a Descriptive Essay about a Person
- Focus: In writing an essay about a person, you need to have a thesis statement. It is essential because it will declare why and how the person influenced you. The thesis provides direction and focuses at the same time to explore cause and effect about the impact of that person to you.
- Begin with an anecdote: Instead of writing your essay with a personal description or physical description of the person, it will be more meaningful if you start with an anecdote. This is a good way of entertaining your readers at the same time impacting valuable details about the person you’re describing.
- Describe: In the descriptive essay, you need to describe the person. The description includes biographical details, personality traits, and physical attributes. The description must paint a good picture of the person.
- Describe your relationship: You should not just about the person, but what is your relationship to him. A great strategy for describing your relationship with that person is to provide specific examples.
What to Do with the Initial Research
In your initial research, you need to choose who will be the person you will describe. In here, you need to contact or talk with him. It is important that you know him well so that you can able to deliver a wonderful essay. Researching is one of the key elements that you should not forget when you are writing, but you have to know how to practice essay writing for this aim.
You need to know about descriptive essay format so that you can deliver a good essay to your readers. If you do not know what you need to do, here are tips to help you.
- Introduction: You need to states reasons in here.
- First paragraph: The object itself which means you need to give a vivid portrait of the person together with all details that need to know.
- Second paragraph: Present about surroundings which means you should present a clear description of surrounding and atmosphere of person.
- Third paragraph: Present emotional and sensual description.
- Conclusion: It will tell about the importance of that person and you need to restate your thesis statement.
This Is an Example of a Descriptive Essay on Social Issues:
Humor in Presentations Essay
“Often humor can be the best route to provide a specific viewpoint to your audience. However the writer must always be aware of the restrictions that appropriateness may place upon them. The writer must be sure of the humor that they will employ in their writing. The same is true for a presentation. Often you will be presenting to a large crowd of people; all of whom will have differing views as to what is acceptable and what is acceptable humor. Sometimes using humor within a presentation can be a real risk.
It is vital to clearly understand the differences between healthy and unhealthy humor. Often the worst kind of humor has a very distinct victim and people will laugh at this more due to their own anxiety. This form of humor is very much based on differences and will rarely be appropriate to everyone in your audience. A more healthy form of humor is based around things that everyone can identify with and their own everyday experience. This form of healthy humor will more likely bring people together and this is what you should seek for within your presentation.
When making a presentation using humor it is very important to carefully consider the time of day that your presentation will be delivered. Often a morning crowd will be very tough as they have the whole day ahead of them and you may need a few witty one liners to wake them up before you launch into your presentation. The evening crowd however is often already relaxed and ready to be entertained and as such can be far easier to deal with.
So when using humor within your speech or presentation you should never tell jokes which have a specific target as not everyone will find them funny no matter how funny you may think they are. You must also ensure that the jokes that you tell will in some way actually relate to the topic on which you are presenting. If you are presenting you must also ensure that you relate your humorous story clearly and to the point; without getting sidetracked or laughing at your own humor.
The best target for your humor is yourself as the presenter; however that should not be done in a way that belittles your own reputation. It is fine to kid about things such as fame, problems and even your image. By sharing your own personal stories you will be able to build a better rapport with your audience. So it is important before you deliver that speech that you carefully consider your audience and think about what jokes and stories will go down well with them. “
Why Do You Need Our Examples of Descriptive Writing?
The descriptive essay entails writing about, or describing an object, person, place, experience, emotion, or situation. It is an attempt to show how the subject looked, felt, tasted, sounded and smelled thereby expressing the sensations clearly and vividly so that the reader can feel it too. A hard challenge by anyone’s standards, so time should always be taken to clearly think about the words that will be used in the process of a descriptive essay writing.
Out of all the academic writing types, descriptive essays are considered to be one of the easiest to write since they tend to be more personal and involve less research. Having said that, be aware that you will have to work really hard at creating something that readers will enjoy reading. Having a descriptive essay sample is a good way to learn how something has been described, giving you a wider range of vocabulary, but remember you should never copy. Plagiarism can land you in trouble.
Our descriptive writing samples are also a good source of knowledge and our experts have provided a range of guidelines to help you better understand how to write a descriptive essay:
- Format. A descriptive essay, as with any other academic paper writing, needs to have a clear and well-balanced structure. Normally, you should start with an introduction of what you plan to describe and specify your relation to the person, the location of the place, the purpose of the object, etc. In the main body, you should focus on the specific qualities of the chosen topic and go into details of each particular quality in the following paragraphs. Your conclusion should focus on your own personal feelings about the topic, justifying why it had such an influence on you that you decided to write about it.
- Details. Make sure to be specific in your descriptions. Include the use of colorful adjectives and introduce peculiar facts, situations and words that you associate with the topic you are describing. The more innovative and unique you are the better.
- Use Emotions. Write in detail how you feel about the described topic and do not be afraid to include your subjective opinion.Don’t skim the surface of your experiences, dig down deep and let the reader in. Using a descriptive essay sample can help you see the range of emotions that other authors have used to help describe their topic.
- Language. Be clear, concise and to the point.Use adjectives and other descriptive devices extensively, but be careful about choosing relevant words and phrases to describe the topic of the essay.Make sure your words keep the reader’s attention and provoke some emotional response in them.
- Proofread. Ensure that you check and then double check that your essay contains no errors. Read through it over and again to make absolutely certain there are no errors in your writing. Submitting your academic essay with careless mistakes may result in it being returned or worse still, being marked down.
The descriptive writing samples our experts have written can help you to better understand how a descriptive essay should be written and presented. All of our academic writing services are carried out by writers that are experts in their field with many years of experience in the industry. All written work is checked to the highest of standards for uniqueness and errors by comprehensive plagiarism checks and a thorough proofreading service.