A descriptive essay is about someone that has negative or positive impact to others life or to your life. It can be about your coach, teacher, friend, family member, political figure and others. The key element in writing the essay is about reflecting. And you have to distinguish this kind of essay from any other sample essays.
How to Write a Descriptive Essay about a Person
- Focus: In writing an essay about a person, you need to have thesis statement. It is essential because it will declare why and how the person influenced you. The thesis provides direction and focus at the same time to explore cause and effect about the impact of that person to you.
- Begin with anecdote: Instead of writing your essay with personal description or physical description of the person, it will be more meaningful if you start with an anecdote. This is a good way in entertaining your readers at the same time impacting valuable details about the person you’re describing.
- Describe: In descriptive essay, you need to describe the person. The description includes biographical details, personality traits and physical attributes. The description must paint a good picture about the person.
- Describe your relationship: You should not just about the person, but what is your relationship to him. A great strategy in describing your relationship with that person is to provide specific examples.
What to do With the Initial Research
In your initial research, you need to choose who will be the person you will describe. In here, you need to contact or talk with him. It is important that you know him well so that you can able to deliver a wonderful essay. Researching is one of the key elements that you should not forget when you are writing, but you have to know how to practice essay writing for this aim.
You need to know about descriptive essay format so that you can deliver a good essay to your readers. If you do not know what you need to do, here are tips to help you.
- Introduction: You need to states reasons in here.
- First paragraph: The object itself which means you need to give a vivid portrait of the person together with all details that need to know.
- Second paragraph: Present about surroundings which means you should present a clear description of surrounding and atmosphere of person.
- Third paragraph: Present emotional and sensual description.
- Conclusion: It will tell about the importance of that person and you need to restate your thesis statement.
Descriptive Essay Sample: Difficulties in Writing
In writing, you have a hard time if you do not know much information about the person and you cannot explain what your relationship with him is. With this, it is better to write about a person that you really know and to start early.
A descriptive essay is easy to write if you know the person well. Make sure that you have a good relationship with him to present a good essay to your audience. Finally, start writing ahead of time you that you have enough time to complete the essay and you have still time to edit it.