Why Would You Need Some Tips on Writing an Expository Essay?
During your academic years and even beyond for many people, you will be required on any number of occasions to write an expository essay. Without understanding what this actually requires, many people will find themselves staring at a blank piece of paper or computer screen wondering what it is that is required of them. To put it basically, the term expository is a synonym of ‘explanatory’. An expository essay or article, thus, is a piece of writing that explains or informs. It is meant to be based on fact and free of the writer’s prejudices. Opinions may be expressed, but only if backed up by facts.
Even knowing what’s required a lot of work and research is still needed to get the information to write a successful expository essay, especially when the subject given to you is not something you’re familiar with. Many people will still struggle with this, an expository essay should follow a certain format and our argumentative essay writer service is here to supply some useful tips for writing an expository essay.
Tips For Writing an Expository Essay
- What the main format should look like.
The most common way to write an expository essay is to use the 5-Paragraph method. If you don’t have that much experience with essay writing, this is the best method to start with since it’s basic and straightforward. This method follows a basic structure:
- Introductory paragraph with a hook, building sentence and your thesis.
- Three body paragraphs that offer evidence and analysis connecting that evidence to the thesis.
- A final paragraph that sums up the paper by reevaluating the thesis in light of the evidence discussed in the essay’s body.
- Choosing an appropriate style.
The next step is to choose which particular style of expository essay you are going to write. This is essential to keep your essay focused. With expository writing, you can organize your information in a variety of essay styles or patterns:
- Compare / contrast. Used to show how two or more things are similar or different.
- Cause and effect. Used to effectively show how one event leads to another.
- Process. Used in instruction manuals and other technical writing pieces.
. Used to state a problem and lists one or more solutions for the problem.
- Descriptive. Used to describe the characteristics or features of a person, place, thing, event, etc.
- Chronological. Used when writing about historical events that pay attention to specific days and dates.
- Composing your expository essay.
Use some other expository essay prompts. If it has been given to you for an assignment, carefully read through to make sure you understand it. Then find a topic that fits the assignment if not already been given. It’s important that you narrow your topic so that it’s directly relevant to the assignment. Start by writing a brief outline and a tentative thesis statement that addresses the assignment prompt. Try to come up with an interesting and original perspective on your topic and then word your thesis so that it reflects it. Things to keep in mind when writing your essay:
- The wording needs to concise and clear while using words that are easy to understand.
- Write the essay in the second person perspective (you).
- A successful essay will have the important points emphasized, will be factual and not subjective, and have valid information.
- Keep your writing concise and brief.
- Each paragraph should cover one topic and each sentence should present a new idea.
- Use words and sentences that make your essay flow smoothly. Connect your sentences with words like; however, for example, or such as. Connect paragraphs by having the topic sentence refer back to the preceding paragraph or the thesis statement.
We Can Help with Your Expository Essay
We offer a highly professional and very experienced writing service that can help to ensure that your expository essay will earn you the best grades. Through us you gain all of the following advantages:
- 24/7 friendly ordering and customer support.
- Highly affordable prices with flexible discounts and no hidden charges.
- Thorough and up to date research.
- Direct contact with your writer.
- Professional and highly qualified academic writers.
- Professional proofreading and a thorough plagiarism test for uniqueness.
- A fully confidential service.
- On time delivery guaranteed within your deadline.
- 100% full satisfaction money back guarantee.