The argumentative paper is quite different from persuasive since the latter is designed to persuade the reader while the former is to simply state facts and not to persuade the reader into their own point of view. Of course, before you can start writing your paper, you will need to come up with a good topic first. This is a bit difficult for some students especially when they have so many ideas to choose from.
An argumentative essay is a paper that is meant in persuading people to think of what they should do. It is about satisfying people about the presented information. Take a closer look on what elements as well as format that the essay has.
How to Write an Argumentative Essay Sample and Tips
- Planning: For the essay to be effective, it is important that it should have all the elements that will persuade your audience. With this, it is important to plan and to prepare before you start writing your essay.
- Good topic: Finding a good topic is one of the things you need to consider while writing sample essay. You need to have several issues that present conflicting points or different conclusions. You need to know about your interest and to gather good reasoning as well as evidence. You need to have a belief that is strong to shape your argument and to explain whether that belief is logical and reasonable.
- Check out argumentative essay sample: It is important to look for samples online so that you will have a guide on what you need to present and how you will deliver your essay. Make sure that you check for the best.
What to Be Done in the Initial Research
Aside from checking out sample argumentative essay, you also need to gather evidence in your initial research because you will use it in your essay. If you think of arguments, you need to make sure that it is strong and gathering evidence will help you a lot, also you can to try using some essay writing techniques to make your essay even better. Take note that arguing involves giving proof in supporting your claim.
Writing Format for Argumentative Essay
- Introduction: It is important that you introduce and explain your topic. Make sure to state the claim and the counter claim. For the claim, it is about your position and for counter claim; it is about the opposing position. In here, you need to start building string case by disproving or refuting the opposing position.
- Initial point and other supporting details
- Next point and supporting details
- Third point and supporting details
For each point, you need to use one paragraph and it is also the same with counter point. In your claims, you need to include related evidence to make it satisfying and convincing. In the second section of your body, it is where you need to present your case. Do not also forget that you need to use one paragraph in stating your points that will be followed by evidence that supports or proves your point.
Conclusion: For the conclusion, it is about restatement of claims and summary of details that will support it.
Difficulties That Occur in Writing
You surely have a hard time to write if you lack time and you do not know what to do. Many students are having difficulty in what format they will have and how they present their arguments. Some tips and advice from professionals is a help. There you have the information you need to know about the argumentative essay. Start writing your essay today to have much time editing and reviewing it.
How to Choose a Topic for Argumentative Paper
- Brainstorm. The writers in our essay service suggest that you brainstorm first. Start by choosing a general topic before narrowing it down. Jot down all the possible arguments that you can think of using the general topic as your guide.
- Ask for suggestions. It would be a good idea to ask someone if they have any ideas regarding topics to write about. Take their answers into consideration.
- Choose three best. From the results of your brainstorming, choose three ideas that you are interested to write about. These should be the ones that are close to your heart because you will need to provide facts.
- Go for the best one. After studying the three best ideas, go for the one that you feel is where your knowledge lies. This makes it easier for you to look for supporting facts to include in your paper.
- Make a plan. Of course, as with any other essay writing tasks, you will need to come up with a plan on how you’re going to write your paper.